Frequently Asked Q's
What is a Bib?
A race bib is a number tied to your timing chip and your registration info - safety pin it to your shirt on race day
What is Packet Pick-Up
This is where you pick-up your Race Bib, Timing Chip, T-Shirt – and all other goodies. We have organized a Sports & Fitness Show just for you that includes Packet Pick-Up
When is Packet Pick-Up?
June 13th & June 14th at the VUM Active Expo
Can I pick up my Packet on Race Day?
No. All packets must be picked up on either Friday or Saturday at the Race Expo. This excludes Freedom 5K: Freedom 5K (Saturday/Race Day) Packet pickup is available on race day.
Can someone else pick up my Packet?
Yes. Please have a copy of your drivers license and a signed waiver or a written consent from them.
Is there a Bag Check?
Yes. We have a place where you can store your keys, phone, bags, gear and other stuff while you run. Located in Esther Short Park behind the Main Stage
Do I have to Train for a Marathon?
We suggest that you do; a Marathon is different than any other race you have done. Connect with our running community and train for the big day! Energy Events invites you to “Train With Energy”. Our certified running Coach, Ron Homer, will set up a personalized training program built specifically for you to meet your goals. Click Here for more information on how you can Train With Energy!
Who should I contact if I want to run a Marathon for the First Time?
Ron Homer, train with energy certified running coach.
Is VUM a Boston qualifier?
Of course! Our course is certified and a Boston Marathon qualifier.
How far is Esther Short Park from...
- Portland Airport: 12 miles (approx 15 minutes)
- Downtown Portland – 10 miles (approx 12 minutes)
- Salmon Creek Area – 5 miles (approx 9 minutes)
- Camas, WA – 17 miles (approx 19 minutes)
- Long View – 30 miles (approx 40 minutes)
- Seattle, WA – 137 miles (approx 2.5 hrs)
- Salem, OR – 55 miles (approx 1 hr 10 min)
- Eugene OR – 119 miles (approx 2 hour 15 minutes)
What’s the closest Hotel to the race?
The Vancouver Hilton is on the same block as the starting line
Are there other Hotels around the area?
DEADLINE & IMPORTANT DATES
Constant changes make things difficult for ordering, and of course timing. Please be courteous to our team and other participants.
May 12, 2014: Last Day to Register to have your first name printed on the Bib
- You must be registered before May 12th in order to have your first name printed on your official bib
- All registrations received after May 12th will NOT have the first name printed on your official bib
- Participants making changes to your registration after May 12th, such as moving down to the half or moving up to the full, your bibs will not have your first name on them
June 1, 2014: Last Day to Change Race
- Race changes affect the printing of race bibs and the ordering of timing chips. We request your advance notice of any changes needing to be made.
- In order to change your race distance without a fee, we must receive your request to do so by June 1 by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- After June 1, all changes will be processed at the VUM Active Expo. Expo. Please remember that changes made at the expo will result in issuing a new bib that will NOT have your name printed on the Race Bib
- Race change fee of $20 + WA sales tax
Email email@example.com if there are any changes you need to make.
Expo Change Fee $20 + WA State Tax
- race distances can be made at the Expo with the following fees incurred:
- Moving Up :: Half Marathon to Full Marathon = the difference of the original registration paid price and the Expo Day of Race Registration Price.
- Moving Down :: Full to Half Marathon = $20 Service Fee + WA state sales tax.
- There are variable costs and staff time to switch for all logistics. Thank you for understanding (make your changes before the Expo)
REGISTRATION FEES ARE NOT REFUNDABLE OR TRANSFERABLEper signed waiver
WAIVER MUST BE READ, SIGNED AND MAILED WITH ENTRY
ENERGY EVENTS WAIVER :: paper and Website & On-Line Registration
I know that participating in an organized athletic event is potentially hazardous, and that I should not enter to participate unless I am medically able and properly trained. I HEREBY ASSUME THE RISKS OF PARTICIPATING IN THIS EVENT. I certify that I am physically fit and that I have sufficiently trained. I agree to abide by the competitive rules. I hereby take the following action for myself, my executors, administrators, heirs, next to kin, successors and assigns, or anyone else who might claim or sue on my behalf, and I hereby waive, release and discharge from any and all claims, losses, or liabilities for death, personal injury, partial or permanent disability, property damage, medical or hospital bills, or theft which may arise out of or relate to my participation in this event. I agree not to sue, and to hold harmless Energy Events or any and all persons, sponsors, landlords (members and affiliates), advisors, lenders, property managers, tenants, volunteers, participants or government agencies for any and all claims or liabilities that I have waived, released or discharges herein. ENTRY FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE & NON TRANSFERABLE.